The new GPS-enabled mapping application, that we mentioned a couple days ago is now available.
RouteBuddy is a GPS mapping application for OS X. All the essential functions of your GPS device are supported; all you need is a Mac, a GPS, and of course RouteBuddy.
- Downloading and Uploading Waypoint, Route and Track data
- Searching Map data with FastSearch
- Recording live GPS data and tracking your route
- Connect multiple GPS devices to your Mac
- Open several RouteBuddy Map pages at once
- Viewing and Printing full-screen maps
- Smooth Synching of your data with your GPS device
- Buying Road mapping for Worldwide countries
- Exchanging RouteBuddy map data with other users
- Harnessing the power of Google Earth and Google Maps from within RouteBuddy
- Share Geocache and other location data
- Import Geotagged URLs from the major online map services
- Add useful Meta Data to your Maps and Waypoints
- Post RouteBuddy URLs online to share with other users
RouteBuddy is compatible with USGlobalSat GPS devices, Garmin USB GPS devices and also supports standard NMEA communication.
A fully functioning watermarked demo is available on their site. RouteBuddy retails for $99.50 and maps range from $39.50 to $69.50.
Full details are available on their website.